Tempy

A day by day and often hourly account of a temp

Wednesday, September 21, 2011

In Debt

Ok, I've seen more than one of these on my Facebook feed, and it kind of annoys the crap out of me. Surely you've seen this too:


I'm a little disappointed in my liberal friends. I get that we want the economy to be stimulated, but do you think we can do that by stiffing professors and colleges nationwide? You know what else your student loans paid for? Food. And housing. And I don't know about you guys, but student loan companies historically have very low interest rates, and are extremely accomodating if you are in a financial crisis. Also, I know this may sound crazy, but not all of your friends had to even get student loans, because they already paid for college. Then there's those who have worked extra jobs just so that they could pay their loans off. If this thing passes, (which it never, ever will), do those people get that money back?

Here's where we all need to come together and just take a collective deep breath. Okay, so you have student loans. You can still pay off as little a month as possible, and have it not kill you. And let's look at the positive - at least you had the college experience. Not many people can say that. And truthfully, that's priceless. For example, if it weren't for my education, how could I have gotten in this extremely intense game of Scrabble with a fellow elite graduate earlier?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blog Directory - Blogged