Tempy

A day by day and often hourly account of a temp

Wednesday, September 28, 2011

For The Love of Facebook

My new favorite blog is STFU Parents. It's kind of the most amazing thing in the world. If you don't know what STFU stands for, like my sister and my shrink didn't, it stands for Shut The Fuck Up. Yes, I told my shrink about it - that's how awesome it is. Here's an example of today's mom:


Exactly. So it brings to mind many things I see on the Facebooks that are silly. But you know, it's like if you had a party and invited all of your friends, acquaintances and co-workers - someone's going to get drunk and say something stupid or just... say something stupid at 9am with no excuse. I had a friend who quit FB recently (so she says) but I still find it highly entertaining in small doses. You can complain all you want but honestly, think of all the time we have saved through this interactive platform. Now when a friend or close acquaintance gets married or has a baby, I can just comment on their status, they "like" it, and I've saved us each a phone call. Or, a friend or close acquaintance has had a bad day, I comment on it, they "like" it, and I've saved us each beer money. This is not to say that I've lost touch with my actual friends; quite the opposite. I'm extremely close to my loved ones and see them quite frequently. But if a friend lives far away, instead of having to email pics of the baby to a mass email, they can just post them on the Facebooks and we can all see them. A show coming up? Tell me about it! I actually go to the "events" section some days and see what shows are around. And here's the best part - if you don't feel like hearing from anyone, don't go on. The only people emailing and calling you are those you actually want to talk to.

So, hate on Facebook all you want, but I think it's a handy interactive tool. And honestly, if it weren't for Facebook, would we be able to see hilarious exchanges like this?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blog Directory - Blogged