Tempy

A day by day and often hourly account of a temp

Friday, June 24, 2011

Milestones, Gay Marriage, And Gay Marriage Milestones

Gosh you guys, it's been a while and I'm almost at my 3,000th post!

So, what shall I do for my 3,000th post? Is that even a lot of posts in this day and age? I know a girl who's been blogging for 10 years. Shoot, 10 years ago I didn't have a computer and still used my rotary phone to make reservations for a carrier pigeon to tell my friends I'd meet them at the nickelodeon to see a talkie. I mean THAT is old, people. I think I've even only tweeted 200 times, and that has all been show related or messages to my local congressperson. So I'm not quite sure this is an achievement.

But when I get to my 3,000th post, I'll do something fun. Just a little thing for the 3 of you who read this.

In other news, let's talk about gay marriage! I'd just like to quote something I read today in Metro, in reference to Kim Kardashian and Nick Lachey's weddings (not to each other - yet) getting televised, and Hugh Hefner:

"So here we have Hefner publicizing his failed attempt at wedding No. 3 to a woman sixty years younger than he is and two celebs (one of whom got famous for making a sex tape) trying to make a buck from their second marriages by planning huge, wasteful, over-the-top nuptials.

And here people complain about gay people trying to ruin the 'sanctity' of marriage ..."

Amen sister. Oy. I really hope NY lets gays marry. Not just because it's the right thing to do, but because apparently I'm on a lot of gay rights mailing lists I don't have the heart to unsubscribe from that are filling up my inbox.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blog Directory - Blogged