Tempy

A day by day and often hourly account of a temp

Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Totally Get It Now

"As a pet lover, I am outraged by this article about a dog being killed by a hunter."

"As an actor, I am appalled at how many untalented people there are on TV."

"As a woman, I think it's sexist to comment on another woman's boobs."

"As a Jehovah's Witness, I will not be celebrating my birthday."

"As someone who never promotes themselves, please check out this play I am in."

"As a human being, I breathe oxygen."

"As someone who loves shorter sentences I think prefacing a thought isn't generally important in most cases."

So, I spend some time on the Facebook, social networking, etc. As such, I come across many people's public thoughts. This is what happens when you are on Facebook. So I can't complain when I see messages like the ones I see above. But I'm starting to get a little tired of when people justify themselves constantly. I mean, I get it. You have a belief or a thought. Is it because of your profession or religion? Maybe, but if I know you, I already know that about you. Even if I don't, I'm not going to question your opinion. "Whoa whoa whoa... what do you MEAN you don't like litterers? Oh, you should have said 'As an EARTH LOVER...' because I totally didn't get that! Man, do I need extra clues to understand the basis of your opinion."

And as a blogger, I like to write about how I feel.

2 Comments:

At 2:39 PM, Blogger Brenna said...

As a reader, I am delighted by this post!

 
At 12:19 AM, Blogger Tempy said...

As your friend, I love you.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blog Directory - Blogged