Tempy

A day by day and often hourly account of a temp

Tuesday, August 07, 2012

Obama CARES

You guys. I walked into my pharmacy yesterday to get my birth control. You know - "Whore Pills". I also take them because I have ovarian cancer in my family and I am prone to ovarian cysts, and the "No-Baby Candy" keeps my hormones in check, so the chance of me getting said cancer is 80% lower. Unfortunately this preventative care has cost me various co-pays once a month for about 14 years. When I was uninsured I had to go to Planned Parenthood (I'm sorry - I'm a fan of what Planned Parenthood does, but for anyone who has gone there, you know what I mean when I say "had to go"). And believe it or not, the most I ever paid for the pill was at Planned Parenthood. I am very thankful we live in a country where birth control is readily available, but the "Licence to Rawdog Med" co-pays can add up. So imagine my surprise when I went to the pharmacy, cash in hand, when the woman behind the counter just smiled at me and said, "No more co-pay. Just sign here."

I knew that starting this month most birth control is covered thanks to the ACA, but for some reason it didn't yet feel real. What DID feel real was when I audibly gasped and sputtered, "Th...this is the best day of my life!" and then proceeded to strut down the CVS aisle in slow motion to a rousing round of slow claps from equally gratified onlookers. No, that last part didn't happen (it did in my mind), but that's how it felt.

So, thank you ACA and Obama. I'm totally going to celebrate by having an unprotected four-way in Chick-Fil-A.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blog Directory - Blogged