Tempy

A day by day and often hourly account of a temp

Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Wild Animal

Yesterday as I was walking to rehearsal I noticed that a bunch of tourists AND NON-TOURISTS huddled over the railing at the south end of Central Park as if it were a freaking zoo exhibit. Turns out, a raccoon, yes, a plain old raccoon was meandering around.

For those of you who don't know, as my friend aptly put it, "Raccoons are assholes." I once encountered one at 4am when I was getting back from a bar shift back in the day. It was going through my neighbor's trash and looked at me with such a death stare that reminded me of those rare times when you run into the wrong kind of crack-head. It was also freaking huge. So, yeah, they don't mess around. And in NY, some of them are rabid. As they are also nocturnal, it is rare to find one with the balls to put on a show in Central Park during the day, which made me think the b@#ch wasn't right in the head (see: wrong crack-head reference). I'll admit it, I was certainly one of those people that took a pic and video. Maybe I was kind of hoping it would secretly bug out and jump on a tourist. Which leads me to the POLL OF THE DAY! Please watch the video below, and let me know your thoughts on this.



2 Comments:

At 10:22 AM, Blogger Tempy said...

So far in the "other" comments, someone put in this: "Maybe if I do something really nuts the Honey Badger guy will do a video of me."

 
At 5:43 PM, Anonymous LawyerGirl said...

Do you remember the raccoons in the Bronx. They weren't just rabid. They had gangs and 9mms.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blog Directory - Blogged