Tempy

A day by day and often hourly account of a temp

Monday, March 21, 2011

Some Observations

The pity party is officially over, and now I'd like to look at a few of the positive things that can result from losing a pet.

1. I have an extra 20 minutes in the morning. I loved every walk Jesse and I ever went on, and as a morning person I never had any problems getting up bright and early, but it's nice to know that if I want, I can "sleep in". That of course didn't stop me from walking around the block this morning anyway, stopping at every tree and sniffing out trash.

2. Plants and cards. Who doesn't love plants and cards? My upstairs neighbor's boyfriend is an old-school graffiti artist, and they bought me a potted plant and he totally tricked out the pot with graffiti letters that spell my dog's name. Also, the cards. They really do make a card for everything. Unfortunately, they also only make a limited number of "dead dog" cards, and most of my friends apparently shop in the same area, because out of the 5 cards I got, two of them were exactly the same, two were slightly different cards but both clearly from a company called "Passages" that uses the same font and artist, and then I got a card from some friends who didn't get the "dead dog card" memo because they sent me a full on "dead person" condolence card. I think it's because they live in Williamsburg, and that's the one trend the fauxhemians have not yet picked up on. But yeah, it was nice to get so many cards.

3. Crippling depression-induced weight loss. Hear me out - since this started, I've had almost no appetite. I won't eat for a long time, then get crazy ravenous and eat a little, and then I'll go another day without eating. I know that I will soon get to the point where I will be able to begin eating regularly again because I just love food too much. But as far as the depression/loss of appetite goes, I'm going to ride this one out. Bathing suit season is coming up, ladies!

4. Not having to go home is a big one. Luckily I've gotten surprisingly busy over the last week. I just joined the cast of a show as an understudy and I went on for the first time this weekend. This still would have been possible had my dog been around, but I wouldn't have been able to meet up with friends afterwards yesterday, because I would have felt bad for leaving him for so long. So my social life has had a tiny boost, although I never really was a big party animal to begin with. But I have a lot of great friends who are always doing fun stuff, so it's nice to know I can, on a whim, meet up with people.

5. Less fur. I'm just gonna say it. My apartment has way less fur.

I think that's about it. Oh, this is totally unrelated but I'm seeing Mike Birbiglia tomorrow and I'm really freaking excited. Enjoy some of his work, won't you?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blog Directory - Blogged