Tempy

A day by day and often hourly account of a temp

Thursday, March 17, 2011

Non-Random Acts Of Kindness

So many people have come forward to offer me support with the passing of my dog, it's overwhelming. I mean, I know it's not the worst tragedy in the world, and a lot of people go through similar situations, but these emails help me remember how lucky I am, and the last thing I feel right now is alone. And then my wonderful friend Jonah had to go and make me cry again with this beautiful posting. He also sent me this which I highly recommend if you have a minute. Going back to the condolence emails, there were quite a few that stood out. Here are some of them, because they really express the, shall I say, "character" of my dog, and the unique sense of humor among my friends.

"So sorry to hear about Jesse's passing. Let me know if there is anything we can do. We're happy to send [our son] to you for a few hours and let him nip at your heels, pee on your rug, and chase thrown balls."

"I am so sorry to hear that. I have many fond memories of Jesse. Like the time I crashed at your house and he pooped on the floor."

"Sorry to hear about Jesse. I enjoyed being around him and remembering the bee-line he made for [our cat's] food bowl the one time he came in the apartment will always make me laugh. So will the memory of him going ballistic when I came through your door with a package of supposedly vacuum-sealed salmon dog treats."

"I am SO sorry to hear about Jesse. He was such a sweet dog, he'll be missed! How are you holding up? Let me know if there's anything I can do, sing you sad songs, buy you drinks, wax nostalgic about the time Jesse and I were on P. Diddy's yacht in the south of France and Kate Moss was there with a Saudi prince and then Jesse peed in the champagne but no one noticed.... That was a good vacay!"

I promise to stop talking about my dog soon and get back to very important Charlie Sheen news.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blog Directory - Blogged