Tempy

A day by day and often hourly account of a temp

Monday, April 04, 2011

Casting Notice Of The Day

I browse the casting notices often, and this one stood out to me:

BOYS AND GIRLS
15-20, all ethnicities. Must be able to play basketball WELL, and be good actors. In the spot, kids are playing basketball. When one of the kids makes a mistake, another one says 'That move was gay.' The spot features 3 NBA basketball players who then tell camera that using gay to mean dumb or stupid is not cool.

First of all, I don't think of a 15-20 year old as a boy or girl, but that's not a big deal. And I get the message they're trying to get out to the kids. It'd be a stronger message if homosexuals weren't treated like second class citizens by our own government, but we can't have it all, right? I guess what I'm concerned about is that PSA's never really get taken very seriously. Look at this one, for example. It also explains why my dog died.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blog Directory - Blogged