Tempy

A day by day and often hourly account of a temp

Tuesday, March 01, 2011

It's Warm

While Charlie Sheen is bringing the crazy, New York is bringing in the warm weather, all in time for my birthday. My birthday is tomorrow, mind you, but I've been celebrating for days. And while I'm feeling supremely happy and overall blessed with the best people in my life, blah blah, I can't help but think about how deep down, I really am jealous of Charlie Sheen and his winning.

Now if you haven't heard, that's his new big catchphrase, "winning", next to "duh" and "boom" among others. But let's think about it for a second - he has millions of dollars. Win. Huge house. Win. A substance control problem and a lack of responsibility for harmful actions. Win-win. What more can a person want? So on my birthday, I will learn to accept the reality of the biggest gift of all. Losing. That is to say, not being Charlie Sheen. I'll just have to get used to it.

Now in the meantime, let's get back to that forecast.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blog Directory - Blogged