Tempy

A day by day and often hourly account of a temp

Thursday, April 22, 2010

My Dog Broke

I don't know how you like to spend your mornings but I'll tell you, when I'm not at Boot Camp, I like to haul my dog up the street to the emergency vet first thing. See, last night, I noticed that a lump on his face that was getting bigger by the hour. Upon further inspection, it became clear that was probably an infected tooth. This is him last night- notice the big ball on his right cheek.


So I didn't panic, but this morning I woke up and it had doubled in size and he was in a LOT of pain. It's hard to capture a good picture but here he is at the vet:


Top view:


They told me not to panic but to get him to his real vet either today or tomorrow so they could drain my wallet the abscess or maybe remove his tooth. Then they gave him some antibiotics and a huge shot of morphine. The walk home was like dragging your drunk friend out of a bar. Impossible. Here he is all drugged up on my couch.

4 Comments:

At 12:02 PM, Blogger Reeny's Ramblin' said...

Poor pup! Hope he feels better soon :(

 
At 12:13 PM, Blogger Tempy said...

Thanks. I know he's doing a lot better than me, all drugged up on the couch. I'm at work.

 
At 12:43 PM, Anonymous lawyergirl said...

I'm telling you, he is storing a muffin up there.

 
At 3:27 PM, Blogger Sweden said...

omg he looks like i did when they gave me morphine shots at the hospital,, ahhhhh yes i was in the hospital for 6 days pumped up on morphine all day/night, it was the best vacation ive ever had.

hope puppy gets better soon!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blog Directory - Blogged