Tempy

A day by day and often hourly account of a temp

Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Free Bagels?!?

As a non Jew-Jew (I'll explain some other time) I know a bit about the Jewish faith and I can fairly say it's the same thing I would say about any religion: there's a lot of wacky stuff in there. From the Sabbath rules to the Kosher thing, it's hard to keep it all straight. But there's also a lot of great things about Judaism and its tenets too. Like the food, for example. But now I'm seeing all these ads on the subway trying to get people to learn more about the faith, and all they say is, "Judaism... more than just a bagel!"

I don't know who their PR guy is (you'd think it'd be God), but they have it all wrong. If they really want to pique people's interests they should be like, "Judaism. We have bagels!" That's a religion I can subscribe to. Or at least I'd go to the seminar if they had free bagels.

2 Comments:

At 10:41 AM, Blogger Reeny's Ramblin' said...

Mmmmmm bagels. Mmmmmm bagels with lox. I am sold!

 
At 3:55 PM, Anonymous Alex said...

Agreed. Now I'm hungry.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blog Directory - Blogged