Tempy

A day by day and often hourly account of a temp

Thursday, August 20, 2009

Code Orangeredblue

I'm shocked. Tom Ridge finally admitted that he was pressured to raise the terror alert level to help George Bush win the 2004 election. It says in a new book:

"Ridge was never invited to sit in on National Security Council meetings; was "blindsided" by the FBI in morning Oval Office meetings because the agency withheld critical information from him; found his urgings to block Michael Brown from being named head of the emergency agency blamed for the Hurricane Katrina disaster ignored; and was pushed to raise the security alert on the eve of President Bush's re-election, something he saw as politically motivated and worth resigning over."

I know I've been talking a lot about politics lately- I'll try to stop for a bit. Would you like to know what I had for lunch?

Gazpacho. And si, it was muy delicioso.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blog Directory - Blogged