Tempy

A day by day and often hourly account of a temp

Thursday, August 20, 2009

Howl It

So I'm going to be singing on an electronica pop album (not a joke) and as such I have has the need to do some test vocals at home with Garage Band. For those of you who don't know, Garage Band is a Mac application that allows you to make music without the clutter of those useless instruments. You can also lay down vocals, share them, add, etc.

Now, my dog is an asshole. I'll just say it right now. He's a selective asshole, meaning that he is so super cute like, 90% of the time, but just when you need him to be quiet he barks or shakes his dog tags, or walks around the apartment resulting in clicking noises. So it's not really conducive to laying down some hot tracks.

Normally when I record, I have to make my dog lay down, and then gently massage his muzzle while I sing. But that's what really sets him off- my singing. I can't even sing along to a song on the iTunes without him howling along. No, it's not cute. It's annoying.

Finally I finished a demo last night. In it there's a very reverbed bark, a disapproving yelp and a shake. At one point he pulled the "heavy breathing" trick out of his bag and I tried to record it, thinking it might sound cool. Guess what- that's when he shuts up, when there's a mike in his face. Guess the solution is to buy him his own mike. That'll work.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blog Directory - Blogged