Tempy

A day by day and often hourly account of a temp

Friday, August 05, 2011

What Are You Looking At?

Last night we met an incredible actress who will be guest starring in our show on Monday. I say incredible because her life story is fascinating at the tender age of 20-something. She's worked in TV and film all of her life, so we started trading war stories of worst lines we ever had to say or strangest auditions, etc. My favorite line that the actress we met had to say in Law & Order was this: "I know he loved me, because he gave me this baby." That was pretty funny. Another girl in the group recounted the time she had to audition for Law & Order SVU to play a rape victim, and the scene where she had to pick the guy out of a lineup went like this:

Woman: Can he see me?
Officer: No, it's one way glass.
Woman: Are you sure?
Officer: Yes.
Woman: Because I really don't want him to see me pick him out.
Officer: He won't.
Woman: So... he won't see me?
Officer: No.
Woman: I'd really he rather not see me.

You get the idea.

I actually didn't pipe in with my Law & Order story - it was the time I was cast to give January Jones the side-eye for about 2 minutes. Really. I had to audition for that. If you see the whole thing it's funnier because it keeps cutting back to me looking all butch and pissed. I won't upload the whole thing to here because this short clip really says it all.

Me giving January Jones the shade:

1 Comments:

At 2:49 PM, Anonymous TheGuy(Formerly)NextDoor said...

I love this.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blog Directory - Blogged