Tempy

A day by day and often hourly account of a temp

Wednesday, January 20, 2010

American Judges

Are you guys watching American Idol? Well, if you're like me, and I know I am, you are.

My favorite audition from last night was this guy named John Park. He was a pretty decent singer, clearly gay, but had a nice look about him that could effectively confuse all those tweeners who thought they ever had a chance with a gay man (guilty), and the kind of redneck homphobes who were shocked SHOCKED when Adam Lambert came out and wanted their votes back.

But that isn't really what I'd like to talk about. First, there was this crazy idea amongst the judges that an Asian couldn't have a voice like that. Really, ever since the voice of a large African American man came out of the body of a tiny Ginge like Rick Astley, can we please just stop with the whole, "I wasn't expecting that voice out of you(r tiny Asian body)" nonsense?

I think my favorite part, however, was when he made it to Hollywood, and Kara DiaGuardarallalalala said, "There's gonna be a lot of people screaming in about a second." What she meant to say was, "He's Asian, so he must have a huge family outside squatting on rice patties, waiting in anticipation." Instead, he was greeted by the largest group of theatre queens; it was fantastic. I have never seen Ryan Seacrest look so straight compared to anyone let alone this herd of flaming 'mo's. That'll show you to stereotype, judges.

Check out the clip here, which I'm sure will be pulled down soon:

4 Comments:

At 2:37 PM, Anonymous GuyNextDoor said...

Ha! Mr. Park's good voice and gaggle of gehs aside, can I just say I love Shania Twain in this clip? She seems like so much fun! "beautiful bottom-end... nice lips, good head" heee! But girl needs to stop playing with her gd shirt strings!

 
At 4:31 PM, Blogger Sweden said...

yeah the playing with the strings was annoying i mean did she forget she is on camera

 
At 10:19 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm pretty sure he is gay for actual solid evidence (that has now disappeared due to his being put into the limelight and thus making everything private) but didn't get the flamboyant vibe you're raving on about. he was pretty butch and it was a group of likewise butch guys who greeted him rather than the gaggle of hags so..
then again I'm pretty sure those guys were part of that college music group he's a part of

 
At 11:24 AM, Blogger Tempy said...

I think "Anonymous" needs to get his gaydar checked.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blog Directory - Blogged