Tempy

A day by day and often hourly account of a temp

Monday, May 05, 2008

Too Much Time

Hey, what do you get when you put a bunch of bored scientists obsessed with the apocalypse? Why this study, of course.

You see, if ever there were a pandemic of some sort, who should doctors let die? The lucky additions to the list include:

- People older than 85.

- Those with severe trauma, which could include critical injuries from car crashes and shootings.

- Severely burned patients older than 60.

- Those with severe mental impairment, which could include advanced Alzheimer's disease.

- Those with a severe chronic disease, such as advanced heart failure, lung disease or poorly controlled diabetes.

My favorite is "severely burned patients over 60". The logic behind this is a "blueprint for hospitals 'so that everybody will be thinking in the same way' when pandemic flu or another widespread health care disaster hits."

Really? I'm sorry, but when a pandemic hits, I'm pretty sure this study will conveniently escape people's minds as the looting for vaccines begins.

I seriously wish I were in the room for this meeting. Who would you put on the list?

- Republicans
- Shifty folk
- Anyone on the OC, The Hills or Dancing With The Stars
- The guy with the jackhammer in front of my building at 6:30 this morning

Am I missing anyone?

1 Comments:

At 6:25 PM, Blogger MaryAnne LoVerme said...

whoever is responsible for "The Treatment" on wnyc. do NOT fuck with my radio stories!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blog Directory - Blogged