Tempy

A day by day and often hourly account of a temp

Thursday, May 01, 2008

In The News

Okay you guys, seriously, you should check out this article about the workplace making you sick like it did me. For those of you who don't know, I ended up in the emergency room last year due to the allergies I have in the office I work in. Turns out it's really common!

Here's a few choice quotes:

"Work-induced allergy is fairly simple to diagnose: the symptoms worsen as the workday progresses, and lessen after you leave. And you feel fine on weekends and vacations.

An allergic reaction is an overreaction of the immune system, causing everything from rashes to life-threatening anaphylactic shock. Sometimes the reaction occurs the first time a substance is encountered, but allergies more commonly develop after repeated exposure."

No way, see, I really am allergic to work. But I think we all already knew that.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blog Directory - Blogged