Tempy

A day by day and often hourly account of a temp

Thursday, May 01, 2008

Last Night

So last night was a screening of a short film I shot almost a year ago where I play a dominatrix with a heart of gold. For those of you who remember, I actually had to have extensive fight and dominatrix "training". The Fight/Safety lessons were given to me by a WWF lady named Trinity while the Domination/How To Properly Flog sessions were given to be my a very nice she-male named Red.

The cool thing about this piece is that while it was submitted as a senior thesis for Columbia film school, the two ladies graduating have been collaborating with Ethan Coen's wife who is an editor and is interested in pursuing some independent projects, hence the film I was in last night that she co-wrote, produced and edited. As a result, I got to meet Ethan Coen on the set and we had a fascinating conversation about cream cheese at the craft services table. ("Is that tofu or regular?" "Tofu.")

Pre-screening, my mother and I grab a drink across from the theater when lo and behold we run into him with his wife, also heading to the screening. Here's what transpired:

Me: Hey guys. This is my mother.

Mom: Hello.

Ethan Coen: I saw the film already. Your daughter is great. She's a wonderful dominatrix.

Mom: You should meet her sister!

I think it's because my sister used to physically beat me up as a child.

3 Comments:

At 11:31 AM, Blogger Lynne said...

does your mother have ANY idea how funny she is? cause mine doesn't.. nor does her retahded sistah

 
At 11:51 AM, Blogger Tempy said...

Dude, seriously, my mom always thinks I'm laughing at her but I'm not.

I'll never forget when she told Naeemah, "I liked black music before it was popular".

 
At 12:07 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Did she really say that? Funny thing is, she never saw me at the night clubs...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blog Directory - Blogged