Tempy

A day by day and often hourly account of a temp

Friday, March 23, 2007

10 Things I Learned This Week

1. When the girls in the office have a smirk on their face as they ask you to go to the copy room and ask for "Ray", it's because "Ray" is a middle aged hunchbacked man with fresh post-surgery metal rods coming out of his head and a speech impediment.

2. If you attempt to perform your own French manicure, the second try is always more successful than the first.

3. If you take the train 10 minutes earlier than when you normally would take it, the trains are empty and your trip time is cut in half.

4. Just because the day before you got on the train early and your trip time was 20 minutes, does not mean if you get on the train late your trip will still be 20 minutes. It will actually be an 1 hour 5 minutes OR just feel like it.

5. Bankers on a Friday are GIDDY!

6. If you make up a holiday in hopes of having it catch on, it won't.

7. When ordering small items from Amazon, you will be billed for shipping separately for each item if they are from different stores. For example, if you want to buy three pieces of something for a hat contest involving the Kentucky Derby, with separate shipping each your total will not be $7.41 as you previously thought but rather, $26.01.

8. When you apply your powder foundation directly after your moisturizer, it stays on longer and blends in better.

9. My dog is crazy.

and finally,

10. Don't each a lot of cheese when you are lactose intolerant and then advertise on your blog that you just "don't feel good". People get alarmed.

16 Comments:

At 9:45 AM, Blogger patient boy said...

Of course, you can't put a price on winning the hat contest.

 
At 9:48 AM, Blogger Tempy said...

I mean... duh.

 
At 9:57 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What'd the dog do?

 
At 9:58 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Oh Derby Day!!!!
Can't wait. I think we should just have a hat contest...no other clothing items, just the hat. That could definitely make it a more exciting day. But it would have to be for girls only.

 
At 10:00 AM, Blogger Tempy said...

By that, do you mean the girls have to be naked? Cuz I got that in the bag.

 
At 10:01 AM, Blogger Tempy said...

PS last night Jesse was really trying to tell me something. For three hours. Just staring at me and talking... rrrowrrruff...rrrrrruurowrrufff

 
At 10:20 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

He knows his cousin is sick and he is trying to tell you to take him over for a visit... that is so sweet...

 
At 11:08 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Oh Tempy, you make Derby Day my favorite holiday. And by holiday, I mean a day to drink...not much different than any other day in my unemployed life, but it makes me feel better.

 
At 11:16 AM, Blogger Tempy said...

That just reminded me that I had a dream last night, and you and your wife were going to Vegas...

 
At 11:42 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

I hope it was the bar on Smith and not the town in Nevada......
:)

 
At 11:42 AM, Blogger patient boy said...

Jay, just let me say that I have a certain amount of influence with the Hat Committee, and if you were to show up wearing a hat and only I hat, I think you would have a leg up.

 
At 11:47 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

That could be arranged. Provided it is a seasonably warm day. Cold+nakedness=not so good for a guys self esteem.

 
At 11:50 AM, Blogger patient boy said...

Well, I guess that depends on how big your self esteem is to begin with.

 
At 11:59 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Well, maybe that should be discussed on Patient Boy.

 
At 12:30 PM, Blogger Tempy said...

I think Jay should show up with a hat, and only a hat AND a leg up.

 
At 2:23 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

That might require some pretty intense Manscaping.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blog Directory - Blogged