Tempy

A day by day and often hourly account of a temp

Thursday, March 22, 2007

Stay at Home Dad

So the pregnant woman here I work with has a husband who stays at home with the kids. She confided in me that he doesn't do a very good job. But I probably could have told her that seeing as how every time I answer her phone, it's him calling sounding stressed out, with children screaming in the background.

I'm like, dude, just give them a nip of the bourbon. You know, for "teething". Kids can teethe until they are at least 12, by the way.

5 Comments:

At 11:04 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

suggest reading this blog: http://metrodad.typepad.com/. and he should drink the bourbon and not waste it on the kids.

 
At 11:13 AM, Blogger Tempy said...

Wow, what an interesting blog! I checked out his bio and my favorite part was "Similarly, I could also never be friends with someone who mixes up "they're", "there", and "their". I will give you a smidge of credit if you know the difference between "if" and "whether". But if you leave any participles dangling, we're breaking up."

Right, Lynne?

 
At 11:20 AM, Blogger Lynne said...

I greatly prefer when the participles don't dangle. I like my participles firm, functioning, and in their place.

 
At 11:26 AM, Blogger Tempy said...

But you like the participles to have some leeway, right? Just so they can move about...swing a bit? In more than one direction?

 
At 11:29 AM, Blogger Lynne said...

Yeah, I prefer them to swing about 75% in one direction, and about 25% in the other.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blog Directory - Blogged