Tempy

A day by day and often hourly account of a temp

Thursday, March 22, 2007

No Way

This is incredible- I was just looking at the calendar when I found that tomorrow is Temp Appreciation Day! Seriously! Look it up. Or don't.

So yes, tomorrow, March 23rd is the official day where you show your temp how much he/she mean to you through poems, cards, gifts or flowers. So if you have a temp in your office, s/he may not want you to know they know (because it's rude), so what you should do is buy them a gift, and give it to them, but just drop it at their desk, nod your head silently while maintaining eye contact, and then slowly walk away, backwards so as to keep the eye contact. They will understand that this is code for "Happy Temp Apprectaition Day". Trust me.

Wow, I won't be able to sleep at all tonight!

4 Comments:

At 2:42 PM, Blogger patient boy said...

I'm not sure they make ecards for that.

 
At 2:52 PM, Blogger Tempy said...

Oh, c'mon, they make eCards for everything!

 
At 3:39 PM, Blogger Disgruntled Day-Jobber said...

When you first started temping I was a disgruntled day-jobber. Now I'm a shiftless layabout, but I can't keep my accounts and passwords straight, so there it is. All of that said, I would LOVE to take you out for a Temp Appreciation happy hour drink tomorrow. Whaddya say?

 
At 4:19 PM, Blogger Tempy said...

Well, I'll be at a little party at a place we all know about maybe singing a little something something. But I should pay for your drinks. I'm the one bringing home the bacon and free paperclips.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blog Directory - Blogged