Tempy

A day by day and often hourly account of a temp

Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Soapbox, Please

Okay, first of all, it's nice to have a forum like this to get things off my chest. And let me say that this was not my original intention for having a blog. I started this two years ago at my first temp job at JP Morgan, because not only did those bastards test my urine, but denied me email access. I started a blog just so I could have a voice to the outside world. If you need proof go ahead and check out my first posts.

But years later I found a job that lets me email, eat for free, nap and blog, and as such I am taking full advantage of this. So I have something I would like to discuss with you.

Recently Sarah Palin said this at a campaign rally in Greensboro, NC:
"We believe that the best of America is in these small towns that we get to visit, and in these wonderful little pockets of what I call the real America, being here with all of you hard working very patriotic, um, very, um, pro-America areas of this great nation."

Seriously? I mean, I know a lot has already been said about this but I am so sick of feeling like I don't count in this country because I live in a big city or I don't work in a steel mill or I exercise the great right of dissent bestowed upon us by our founding fathers. That's what makes this country so great. It's like being trapped in a loveless marriage where the couple never argue but are creepy and make everyone uncomfortable at parties, versus the couple that talk about their relationship and make compromises and listen to each other and then have hot sex in the coat room and everyone at the party is like, "Oh, those two."

Where was I? Oh, yeah. The definition of patriotism. If I have to hear one more time someone proudly say that they are voting for a certain party just because, "That's what I've always done. No matter what," well I have news for you- that's not patriotic, that's a heaping load of lazy to the detriment of our great country. And if you are "undecided" because you "don't know what the candidates stand for," fuck you, that's even worse. Go ahead and exercise your right not to vote but don't tell me it's because you don't know what they stand for. Hey dingbell, why don't you get off your couch and check out the internets- these candidates have websites. And if you are an informed voter who is voting a certain way for your own personal reasons, that's great- don't you ever call anyone in this country un-American or not "pro America". There is no such thing, unless you are a secessionist.

Speaking of secessionists you know who is actually Anti-America? Sarah Palin. Yeah, that's right. Go on, read it here or any other thousands of news sites that have talked about this. Her husband Todd Palin was a member of the Alaska Independence Party from 1995 to 2002 and she has spoken at many of there conventions. According to the LA Times, AIP's founder, Joe Vogler, told an interviewer in 1991: "The fires of hell are frozen glaciers compared to my hatred for the American government. ... And I won't be buried under their damn flag."

Un-American. Yes, yes that is actually un-American. Questioning our government to make Anmerica a better place to live? Very patriotic. Now if you'll excuse me, I'm going to have hot make up sex with Uncle Sam in the coat room. While I'm doing that please enjoy this clip from my boyfriend Jon Stewart.


3 Comments:

At 4:07 PM, Blogger Lor said...

This was even better than a similar bit he did last night on TDS. I guess I just like it when he tells Palin "FU".

 
At 4:17 PM, Blogger Tempy said...

Seriously. I want to marry this man more and more each day.

 
At 1:49 PM, Blogger Lor said...

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2008/10/21/jon-stewart-clarifies-pal_n_136484.html

John clarifies.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blog Directory - Blogged