Tempy

A day by day and often hourly account of a temp

Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Secret Diaries of a Temp

Recently I watched Showtime's newest creation, Secret Diaries of a Call Girl. It's not bad but what's interesting is that it's based on this woman's blog. Some people are saying that it may be a hoax or it's not true or whatever, but I know that there is always some element of truth in writing, and even if she's not really a hooker, the woman's done her research.

Which led me to think, what if someone wanted to make a show about my blog? Tempy- The Crazy Adventures of a Temp. First of all it would be on a less risque network, like, the CW or Animal Planet (come on- what with all the dog postings?), and I'm fairly certain it would need some embellishment. Like, maybe I'm a temp but I work for a company that hires hit men, and I have to wear a disguise... or maybe I am a temp that on the side has sex with men for money. Or... wait, wait for it... I'm a woman who has sex for money, but not just any men, only high class men with wives and money and secrets, and I'll call it: Tempy: The Secret Diaries of a Call Girl.

No, no. I'm pretty sure that's been done before. So let's get serious. First, who will play me? I get compared to Lili Taylor all the time so let's go with that.


Now my boss- as you all know she's a very powerful semi famous woman, so it's a no-brainer that she should be played by Angelina Jolie.


Episode 1: The Case of the Elusive Reservation to the Weekend Spa.

Intercom rings

Tempy: Yello.

Bosslady: Can you look into making a reservation for me and my husband at Lake Falls?

Tempy: What the hell is that?

Bosslady: Honestly, it's a weekend spa with classes and massages and stuff. But it's also really a place for rich alcoholics to detox, kinda like a post rehab getaway.

Tempy: No alcohol allowed?

Bosslady: No.

Tempy: Screw that, I'd go somewhere where I could swim in a river of expensive wine on my vacation.

Bosslady: You know what? We're gonna go to LA instead.

Tempy: Wise choice.

That conversation really happened. See what I mean by spicing it up? Don't worry, when we get signed to animal planet my dog will have a very prominent role. And he will be played by this guy:



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blog Directory - Blogged