Tempy

A day by day and often hourly account of a temp

Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Le Euro

I got to thinking about ethnicity today after it was pointed out to me by my beautiful neighbor to the North, that my last post made it sound like I am Korean-American (I am not). If I were Sex and the City's Carrie Bradshaw I'd start the next sentence with, "What is ethnicity? And if we all have it, why are we all still single?"

Luckily that's not where we're going today. No, today I started thinking about the fact that I do indeed hold two passports- American and French. It's a long story but yes they're both real, no, my mom's not Angelina Jolie and no I am not married let alone to a Frenchman. But I can legally work in the EU. And then I got to thinking that since the euro is so much stronger than the US dollar right now, maybe I should do what many recent immigrants here are doing- making better money so they can either save up or send money back home. I mean, think about it- I'd get a job much like this one but make twice as much. Sure I'd get taxed on both ends but it would still come out to more. What is the euro to the dollar right now, like, 523,454,124,218,541 : 1?

So if anyone out there knows of any assistant jobs where I can use unlimited internet yet come and go as I please, let me know. As the French say, "Passer le vin, salope- Tempy est en ville."

2 Comments:

At 12:41 PM, Blogger Raymi Lauren said...

after seeing sicko and all those ex-pat americans drinking wine at the dinner party so casual-like, yeah, do it, if you can, do IT.

 
At 11:33 PM, Blogger Tempy said...

I'm so jealous of Canadians with the healthcare and the whatnot.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blog Directory - Blogged