Tempy

A day by day and often hourly account of a temp

Thursday, July 17, 2008

Carrots and Ice

This was sent to me today. For the full ad, click here.


I love how advertisers back in the day talked to women like, "You won't BELIEVE what this PRODUCT can do for YOU and your family..." In this particular ad they are comparing carrots to women. Like, "Carrots dry up. WOMEN dry up. You are a woman. You'll dry up!"

Now I don't know about you but when I see a big, hard carrot in ad I've only got one thing on my mind. Beta carotene. So you can toss your sorry ad where the sun don't shine- you're not scaring me into buying an ice machine. (Is that what the ad is for?) All I know is there's a line about "three way protection". For me, the only thing to protect me from anything "three way" is called "not drinking".

4 Comments:

At 4:05 PM, Blogger Raymi Lauren said...

hay-o!

 
At 4:18 PM, Blogger Tempy said...

I'll be here all week. Tip your waitress.

 
At 4:26 PM, Blogger patient boy said...

If you think that's good, just wait til you see the ad I'm holding for tomorrow's fun...

 
At 4:28 PM, Blogger Tempy said...

Well don't you wish you blogged again...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blog Directory - Blogged