Tempy

A day by day and often hourly account of a temp

Wednesday, May 23, 2007

One Tequila Two Tequila Three Tequila Floor

The Girl Next To Me and I were just talking about platonic opposite sex friends and how great it is to get an insight into how the other half lives. GNTM had dinner with said platonic friend last night where he spent the whole time picking her brain about what to do with his crazy girlfriend.

For some reason it reminded me of this one time I was bartending and a platonic friend of mine was meeting a girl for a blind date. We did the whole "pretend you don't know me" thing, as in, "I don't drink here every night". I wished him luck and the second she walked in I went into anonymously apathetic bartender mode.

I proceeded to spend the next two hours pretending to not notice the deafening silence that followed this horrendous date. Thankfully they both liked to drink.

After many awkward/panicky glances from my friend to me, he slapped his hand down and said, "Tequila shots". The girl nodded vapidly. I pour the shots, they take them, then my friend turns to her and says, "So, you wanna make out?"

If there ever was a way to kill a bad date. I had to spend the rest of the night convincing my friend that he'd find someone. Oy. I hear he moved in with some girl. Who likes tequila and making out.

I just depressed myself.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blog Directory - Blogged