Tempy

A day by day and often hourly account of a temp

Wednesday, May 23, 2007

The Closest Thing to a Puppy

I've been feeling the need to get in touch with child-like happiness, so I just walked to Central Park and befriended a horse named Phalem. It felt so good to touch his face, delicately bent into my hand, until I remembered that this magnificent creature should be running wild on the plains, not chained up to a carriage in a park hoisting around overweight Midwesterners, abiding by its handler because its spirit had been broken by a whip and a stupid human name.

So much for a pick me up.

4 Comments:

At 3:05 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Did you have to bring us all down? I am depressed enough. I had to drop Leo off at the vet this morning for a sonogram (not he is not preggers) and a biopsy.

 
At 3:12 PM, Blogger Tempy said...

I am playing the world's smallest violin next to a Bosnian refugee.

 
At 3:30 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for your support.

 
At 3:38 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah, thanks

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blog Directory - Blogged