Tempy

A day by day and often hourly account of a temp

Wednesday, April 04, 2007

Trains, Pains and Eyebrows

I, Tempy, was already having a bad day yesterday. So when my train going downtown pulled into the 47th street station just as a man threw himself in front of the incoming uptown train, it kind of tipped me over the edge (seriously no pun intended). I didn't see it but I heard all these screams as the train pulled in. Then my conductor ran out and said, "A man just threw himself in front of the tracks!" She then went back in her booth and said into the intercom, "Next stop, 42nd street."

I can be flippant about this because it turns out the man is okay. But that doesn't change the fact that it was pretty fucked up.

In an unrelated thought, I think American Idol's Sanjaya's eyebrows are getting bigger each week.

5 Comments:

At 9:04 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sorry about the shake-up...fuck!
Of course, you have to feel kind of bad for the guy. I would be seriously pissed off (and humiliated), if I managed to fuck up my suiciude attempt, making the newspapers in the process. n If you were already feeling like a failure, I can't imagine that this would help matters!

 
At 9:41 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sanjaya looked like a pimp-daddy this week. My cat in heat sings better than he does. He has GOT to go!

 
At 10:12 AM, Blogger patient boy said...

Wait, did the guy jump because he was upset about Sanjaya?

 
At 11:12 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Wow Tempy! Sounds like you have had one hell of a morning! Perhaps Sanjaya's eyebrows just look larger due to the stretched skin from his Po(ny tail)hawk.

 
At 12:06 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I will jump if I have to hear him sing off key one more week.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blog Directory - Blogged