Tempy

A day by day and often hourly account of a temp

Tuesday, April 03, 2007

I Just Threw Up In My Mouth!

Hey! This goes out to all those people who have ever said to me, "Wow! I really want to be an actor!"

Well when you do what people like me do, you have to invariably look through crappy casting notice after crappy casting notice. Here's one I came across today that actually made me sick. Enjoy!

"APPLES AND KISSES AND SHOES

Peanut Butter Touring Company, in conjunction with The Music Theatre of Connecticut, is casting Apples and Kisses and Shoes, a fast-paced, high energy children's show. S. Wilson, dir. Rehearsals will be minimal, in the evenings or on the weekends in NYC. Performance will be April 27 in CT.

Seeking—Two Men and Two Women: early 20s to mid-30s, any ethnicity, the actors will need to sing, move well, and act multiple characters along with improvising with the children. Note: it's over the top and animated; if you're a "big kid" submit."

Apples and Kisses and Shoes... I'd take Lions and Tigers and Bears any day of the week. And not even those cute baby bears like that German polar bear Knut. I'm talking mean, hungry pissed off bears. Like Knut will be when he realizes his existence is a sham.

Not this:



But this:

4 Comments:

At 12:48 PM, Blogger patient boy said...

What do you have against fast-paced, high energy children's shows?

 
At 12:50 PM, Blogger Tempy said...

You lucked out. I just got you and yours two tickets!!!

 
At 12:52 PM, Blogger patient boy said...

Sweet.

 
At 2:15 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Man, I can't believe I missed that opportunity! Nothing like working with children....(insert sarcasm here)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blog Directory - Blogged