Tempy

A day by day and often hourly account of a temp

Monday, April 02, 2007

That's Nuts

When I bartended in a place known to some as "The Vortex" (not to be confused by the S&M club "The Vault" which also shall not be confused with the company, "Vault" where many of my friends have worked), we would find fun things to do to get through the hourly grind of drink slinging and shot chugging. One of our favorite games was to give the other person a word and that person had to use it in a sentence with a customer within five minutes. Like, I'd tell my co-worker, "Your word is caterwaul". Next thing you know, s/he would be overheard saying to a customer, "Man, these chicks at this bachelorette party last night? So, loud, just caterwauling all night."

Let's try this in the office, shall we? Today's word of the day: Zany.

Enjoy!

1 Comments:

At 3:25 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just talked to a junior associate about an opposition to a motion in limine. I told her it was zany. She said, zany? and I had to explain....

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blog Directory - Blogged