Tempy

A day by day and often hourly account of a temp

Thursday, April 05, 2007

An Open Letter

Dear Passengers of the Rather Empty F Train This Morning at 7:48 am,

There were a lot of seat choices, people. It's not like it was a packed train and that was the only seat available. I am fully aware that when there is only one seat, as is the case with an empty car, there is something wrong with it.

But this morning was different. I had many seats to choose from, and I chose the one near you, gentrified couple and old Russian man. Not once, ONCE as I slowly knelt to sit down did any one of you tell me that there was a huge puddle of water in the middle of it. Not a single one of you. Instead you all looked away, uncomfortable.

So when I got up and gave you all the evil Condi Rice stink-eye, you shrunk even further. I'm glad you are ashamed of yourselves. Yeah, I'm the one who stared you down, brushed myself off and declared, "fabulous," as I walked away to the other end of the train where I was welcomed with open arms and a dry seat. Shame on you, insensitive train people. Shame on you indeed.

I'd like to take this time to thank the Asian woman who did not flinch as I sat down next to her and spun my skirt around so the wet spot could dry. Thank you Duane Reade for being there as I purchased new panty hose and thank you ladies room for allowing me to change out of my wet underwear and stockings with great privacy and ease. Thank you.

And now, I'm not wearing underwear.

14 Comments:

At 9:24 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Commando is the only way to go!!
Now, I assume you and Quinn have one more thing in common, as he works from the "Brooklyn office".

 
At 9:26 AM, Blogger Tempy said...

Oh god, yes. I'll bet you he works in a puddle all day.

 
At 9:29 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

eeeewwwww.

 
At 9:34 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

At least you are now in costume for your show tonight.

 
At 9:42 AM, Blogger Tempy said...

That is a very good point

 
At 9:52 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Underware is over-rated. Though the cold snap isn't optimal for rockin' the footloose and fancy free style...

 
At 10:02 AM, Blogger patient boy said...

Look at the bright side: at least it was only water.

 
At 10:06 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

As far as we know......

 
At 10:38 AM, Blogger Tempy said...

Um...

 
At 10:55 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Just kinda made that whole experience a bit more disgusting, and not so funny, didn't I?

 
At 11:04 AM, Blogger Tempy said...

I'm going to go dip my ass in bleach.

 
At 11:11 AM, Blogger Lynne said...

Tem-pee

 
At 11:13 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

You know, they offer that treatment at the upscale salons now. The ass-bleaching, not the golden showers. Although, I am sure you could get that if you go to the right place.

 
At 11:32 AM, Blogger Tempy said...

Hahahaha

Tem-pee

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blog Directory - Blogged