Tempy

A day by day and often hourly account of a temp

Wednesday, February 02, 2011

Homage To An Ice Storm

Did you guys hear that there's an ICE STORM in New York right now? Well, if you've been on Facebook, Twitter, near any news station, window, or listened to a single person when their lips moved recently, you'll know that yes, there is. And apparently the Midwest has a real down home Snowpocalypse™ right now.

Not to be outdone by everyone's award worthy videos and photos of this winter's storms, I took it upon myself (you're welcome) to take some iPhone 4 pics, filter them through Camerabag, flip my hair in an exaggerated fashion, and post them here with some commentary.

May I present to you:

Pretentious Douchebag Photos Of Frozen Tree Limbs And Icicles

This one I call "A Bulbous Bauble". It signifies the playfulness of encapsulation.

"Innocence". It represents the instinctual fear children have of rodeo clowns.

This one below is entitled "NotAPenisNoReallyItIsTotallyAPenis"

I call this one "Love and Ignorance". It makes me cry with both joy and curiosity.

"Geisha Dissonance". It's profound, and if you don't get it, you should be ashamed.

I call this one "Contrasting Compositions" because the ice is straight and the railing is round.

"The Fastidious Philanderer"

"Poles Apart". It encapsulates the disparate dissimilarities of incongruence.

"Untitled". I don't have a title.

This one represents humor, wanting and hunger. It is called "Humantinger".

2 Comments:

At 10:15 AM, Anonymous The Stig said...

So beautiful. A tear gently descends upon my chapped cheeks.

 
At 10:35 AM, Blogger Tempy said...

Tears of freedom. Freedom to feel.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blog Directory - Blogged