Tempy

A day by day and often hourly account of a temp

Monday, October 19, 2009

Sign Of The Times

Well, it's official- the housing crunch has hit everywhere. Dolls are now vacating their houses faster than a hippie at a Dokken concert. It's quite tragic, really. The unfortunately named "Barbie's Dream House" is now a haven for mosquito infested pools and broken dreams. Where once Ken parked his Winnebago, today sits a junkyard of old convertibles on bricks and Zenith TV's from 1982. When will it end? There is even a homeless (this is true) American Girl Doll. At least Pokemon is going strong.

I saw this on my street today. Somewhere there is a miniature family weeping. That, or a child too old for toys that represent stability and family values.


3 Comments:

At 12:20 PM, Blogger Reeny's Ramblin' said...

'Dolls are now vacating their houses faster than a hippie at a Dokken concert.' - Awesome.

 
At 12:28 PM, Blogger Raymi Lauren said...

i love dollhouses

 
At 12:46 PM, Blogger Tempy said...

Hah- yeah, I was really sad to see that. I kind of wanted it, but then I remembered I'm in my early 30's.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blog Directory - Blogged