Tempy

A day by day and often hourly account of a temp

Tuesday, October 13, 2009

I'm Not Raising The Roof

OK this conversation just happened:

Guy Who Will Eventually Ruin My Apartment: Hi, I work for your landlord. You said there's water still leaking from your ceiling?

Me: Yes, and it's in the wall too and the paint is peeling and black mold is growing rapidly.

GWWERMA: That's not possible. We fixed the roof.

Me: Yeah, well something's leaking.

GWWERMA: The 4th floor says there's no more water.

Me: Yeah... I uh, really don't know what to say but there's water leaking from my ceiling.

GWWERMA: But we fixed the roof.

Me: (rubbing eyes) Ah, yyyeah, so you tell me, ok? Either way I also need the wall rebuilt. I can show you the bucket filled with brown water that is under the crack on the ceiling from where water is and is now currently dripping.

GWWERMA: I don't understand where the water's coming from. The roof's fixed. It's a new roof.

Me: Seriously? Ok, maybe my apartment has stigmata.

GWWERMA: I mean, a whole new roof...

Me: OK WELL THERE'S WATER WOULD YOU LIKE TO SEE IT???

GWWERMA: I mean, I'll look at it but I don't know why you say there's water when we put on a new roof.

Me: Oy.

1 Comments:

At 12:30 PM, Blogger steph said...

has anyone made a Dark Water joke/reference yet? cause your place sounds pretty haunted.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blog Directory - Blogged