Tempy

A day by day and often hourly account of a temp

Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Not Just An Elephant Anymore

Hey guys, sorry so late but I had a voice over session this morning. It was fun- I was in the same studio as the "Dannon Girls", you know the ladies in the radio spot who sit around and talk about how they can't believe Dannon is only 80 calories a serving? I have actually had these conversations with my female friends but they usually go something like this:

Girl 1: Hey, did you know Dannon is only 80 calories a serving?

Girl 2: Shut the fuck up.

Girl 1: No, seriously.

Girl 2: You're a goddamn liar.

Anyway, I had a nice talk with one Dannon Girl, because the director of my project was running late, about Brooklyn, etc. Turns out she lives in a neighborhood near me called DUMBO (which stands for Down Under the Manhattan Bridge Overpass for my Canadian friend(s)). We started talking about how while it is a beautiful location, EVERY movie, commercial and music video in the last 10 years films on the exact same site there. Basically whenever a production wants to look hip yet still have a view of Manhattan, they film on the waterfront in DUMBO.

So the Dannon Girls go into their studio and finally the director of my spot shows up.

"Sorry I'm late," she said, out of breath, "I had to do some location scouting for a commercial."

"Oh, really? Where?" I ask.

"DUMBO."

Yeah.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blog Directory - Blogged