Tempy

A day by day and often hourly account of a temp

Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Name Twin

There's a girl in DC I have become acquainted with because she has my name. Well, the same name with one letter off, and therefore, she receives a lot of my emails by accident. We have since become Facebook buddies and occasionally pal around, as one would do on the F'book (I just made that abbreviation up. Use it often and credit me).

The other day on her page she said she would "bake cookies for whoever can come up with the best title for a paper on gender and the extractive industries." Oh, did I mention she was smart? Her profile pic is her sitting at a huge DEFCON 5 computer setup or something like that. Also she went to Harvard. Anyway, not to be outdone by her actual friends that she has physically encountered in the real world, I sent some suggestions:

"Extractor? I Barely Even Know Her!: An Exploration Of Female Absence in the Oil Gas and Mining Industry"

"You Make Me Feel Like A Natural (Resources) Woman"

"He's Just Not That Into You Working In This Industry"

"The FemMining Mystique"

Guess what- I WON!!! Now I have to get the cookies from her. Hmmmm...

6 Comments:

At 12:00 PM, Anonymous GuyNextDoor said...

Which one did she choose??

 
At 2:41 PM, Anonymous Kathryn said...

Won't it be a little suspicious when she announces that "Katharine Heller won the naming contest!" You know, cuz she has the same name and all. It will look like she just changed a letter in her name to throw people off her trail so she gets all of the cookies for herself!! Mwahahahahaha

 
At 2:42 PM, Blogger Katie said...

Haven't decided yet, but these still definitely win the cookie contest! (highly tempted by 'Extractor: I don't even know her!'... or "He's just not that into you working in this industry")

 
At 2:48 PM, Blogger Tempy said...

I am soooo honored! When I get my cookies I'll share. GuyNextDoor she's sending them to the office so you can have some.

 
At 3:29 PM, Anonymous GuyNextDoor said...

Yay cookies!
I do like the "Extractor?..." one, or "You Make Me Feel...", though really they're all winners.

 
At 7:56 PM, Anonymous Sharda said...

All funny but the extractor one takes the cake/cookies, clearly. LMAOF

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blog Directory - Blogged