Tempy

A day by day and often hourly account of a temp

Friday, June 19, 2009

Good Morning Office

I'm not normally the first one here, but Hyper Lady is on vacation so today I was. It was quite strange to turn everything on- I felt like I was awakening a large living creature. It was so magical and inspiring. So I wrote this.

Good Morning Office: An Ode To Being The First One At Work

Good morning office! How do you do?
It's time to wake up now. It's just me and you!
It seems so dark here. It's the early hour.
Let's flip on the lights. We have to save power!

Ah, yes here's the light switch. But why won't it work?
If I weren’t patient, I would go berserk
First there's the dimmer. And lights are flicked on.
It should be quite simple- what went so wrong?

Look! I can see now! No more distress.
You see, to save power, there was another button to press.
Now off to the kitchen, for I need caffeine.
Who knew it would be so complex to go green.

Hello Mr. Kitchen! I gave you a masculine gender.
See Mrs. Coffee? I'm about to befriend her.
Good morn, coffee pot! Don't you look quite nice.
With coffee so good, I might visit twice!

In with the filter and water and grounds
I am glad we got coffee by the pounds and pounds.
And how good it smells! And I am in luck!
For this poem was brought to you by Starbucks.

And now to computer. Hello there, good sir.
I see you a lot, and I know you concur.
So let's turn you on. There's a big day ahead
Of Google and Facebook and my favorite: DListed.

Well my day has begun now, what fun it has been!
We've got a full office - my co-workers are in.
So I hope you all slept well, now time to work!
Good morning office. I have too much time on my hands.

2 Comments:

At 10:45 AM, Anonymous GuyNextDoor said...

Loves it.

 
At 12:48 PM, Blogger Tempy said...

Yay!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blog Directory - Blogged