Tempy

A day by day and often hourly account of a temp

Wednesday, May 06, 2009

Call Me Whatever You Want

This just happened:

*ring*

Me: Hello?

Caller: Hi, is Mr. [my last name] there?

Me: Uh, that's my name but I'm a Ms. [my last name].

Caller: Oh.

Me: Mr. [my last name] is my father and I haven't seen him in 20 years. Do you know where he is?

Caller: *awkward silence* So I'm working for a computer consulting company and was wondering if you need a new consultant.

Me: Yeah, we're a really small office and have someone. But thanks.

Caller: OK.

Me: And if you talk to my dad, tell him I say hi.

Caller: Um... *click*

1 Comments:

At 12:55 PM, Anonymous Your Sister said...

That's closer than any of us have gotten to dad in years...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blog Directory - Blogged