Tempy

A day by day and often hourly account of a temp

Tuesday, May 05, 2009

My FaceSpace

So I lost another person to Facebook- a friend joined today who has been resisting for a while. I convinced him at a friend's birthday dinner recently that this can be used for both good and evil. The good, for example, is job networking. Many casting agents and people in the business are on Facebook and I've actually gotten messages from random people in the biz who have seen me in something and want to meet/audition/work with me, etc. Our NOM parody has spread like wildfire. I can ask for help with a computer program and receive a reply immediately from a random geek from college who has the answer. Brills.

On the flip side, some people really think it means that you are their friend. Also, you are rather stalkable. Luckily there are ways to protect even your added friends from seeing certain things, but you can't lie to someone and tell them you are staying in one night and then post a message, "This rave is AWESOME!".

So godspeed, my friend. I think one day I might start a social networking site called www.NoSeriouslyIAmActuallyThisPerson'sFriend.com. Or maybe that's the definition of emailing or using the phone. Eh, either way. I'm mostly in it for the fun games.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blog Directory - Blogged