Tempy

A day by day and often hourly account of a temp

Thursday, January 08, 2009

Face This

Dear Tempy:

What's up with all the douchebags on Facebook?

- Quizzical in Queens

Well, Quizical, I have found that as a whole because of the good anti-spamming action there are a lot less d-bags on Fabebook than MySpace. If you're referring to the people whose only accomplishments in life are commenting on things inappropriately on walls and photos on Facebook, mooching off their acquaintances and and turning beer into urine, I cannot help you with that. In my opinion blocking was only invented for people's general safety and not as a way to exacerbate the fact that that person's weird behavior exists in the first place. What I'd do is just remind yourself that while said person may collect people on their page like Pokemon cards, they will never understand the definition of friendship.

If all else fails, there is an application you can join that allows you to send someone a "kick in the nuts", but I find a nice Superpoke in the eye works as well.

7 Comments:

At 9:28 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I made the blog! I made the blog!
(Who is this asshole anyway?)

 
At 9:46 AM, Blogger Tempy said...

Just some wanky twat.

 
At 9:47 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I take offense to that!

 
At 11:22 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

A douchebag wanky twat? Whoa. Nice wedding gown by the way.

 
At 11:37 AM, Blogger Tempy said...

Thanks DOF!

Yeah, it's a weird story but a co-worker here received it from a friend who got married and wanted to donate her dress and... it's been in the office for a year so when I needed an over the top outfit I thought of that.

Vera Wang, schmera wang- that thing could not hold up during my back spin.

 
At 1:10 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Doesn't get more over the top than Vera Wang! Too bad I missed it, bet it was totally hilarious as usual.

BTW, doesn't Vera Wang sound like the name of a transexual prostitute?

 
At 8:11 PM, Blogger Jay said...

I like this app for getting rid of pesky friends on Facebook-Totally worth it!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blog Directory - Blogged