Tempy

A day by day and often hourly account of a temp

Wednesday, November 05, 2008

All Wet

THE FUNNIEST thing just happened.

This wimpy princess girl in my office asked me if I could change the big Poland Spring water cooler jug because I'm "so much stronger." At this point my lady boss overhears it and she's like, "I can try it."

Me and Princess Girl looked at each other and then back at her.

"No, seriously it's... really heavy and I have a method," I said.

"Ah, screw that! Are you saying I'm weak?" And at that point Bosslady goes into the kitchen.

Once we pointed out where the 5 gallon jugs were, Princess Girl and I stand there biting out nails. I mean, today in particular Bosslady was wearing a really nice suit and had to be live on TV in about an hour. But no, she insisted.

She lifted the jug up towards the cooler and with a huge whoosh, throws it down into the funnel.

And it missed.

Gallons and gallons of water go spilling everywhere, my boss topples back into the espresso machine, knocks over a ceramic coffee cup and it crashes into a million pieces. While flailing about she accidentally activates the steam button, so now there's water splashing all over the kitchen, my boss just trying to steady herself and steam blowing everywhere. Princess Girl is carefully tiptoeing to help her, and I am just frozen at the other end of the kitchen laughing and laughing.

She is now blowdrying her clothes.

5 Comments:

At 4:17 PM, Blogger patient boy said...

What is it with you and her and the blowdryer?

 
At 4:23 PM, Blogger Tempy said...

I dunno... what's with her always getting wet around me?

 
At 4:36 PM, Blogger patient boy said...

She so crazy.

 
At 4:46 PM, Blogger Tempy said...

No, she's just having a normal human reaction to my awesomeness.

 
At 4:49 PM, Blogger Raymi Lauren said...

HALArious!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blog Directory - Blogged