Tempy

A day by day and often hourly account of a temp

Wednesday, November 05, 2008

Yes We Did

I had a dream last night that Americans actually turned out and voted. I woke up to find that this was true. I am so happy this morning but a little sad at the same time- could it be that in the past people were so disenchanted with their government in the past that they just didn't vote and that's how we've ended up with Major Dickhead for the last 8 years? Yes, yes they did. But then came Barack Obama. A man who had all of the cards against him- he has a very different (and "scary" to some) name, a busted middle name that for years symbolized fear, he is an African American, and he is young. And in droves people came out to vote for him. Because for the first time in a long time people actually believed that he could make a difference.

I am drunk on pride, enthusiasm, and a half a bottle of Jameson from last night. I am basking in the new health of this country even though I am fighting a nasty cold. And last night I cried tears of genuine joy.

I was also glad to see someone smack that attitude off Sarah Palin's face. You see her at McCain's concession speech (which was awesome, by the way)? I would be a happy woman if I never had to see that hateful, divisive hypocrite ever again.

But back to the love- Barack Obama, I am proud to serve you as much as you are proud to serve us. Welcome home, America.

2 Comments:

At 11:59 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Come senators, congressmen
Please heed the call
Don't stand in the doorway
Don't block up the hall
For he that gets hurt
Will be he who has stalled
There's a battle outside
And it is ragin'.
It'll soon shake your windows
And rattle your walls
For the times they are a-changin'.

 
At 1:16 PM, Blogger Raymi Lauren said...

her face was a bit much to handle during mccain's (yes awesome) speech.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blog Directory - Blogged