Tempy

A day by day and often hourly account of a temp

Monday, October 06, 2008

My Weekend

Whoa guys what a weekend! First of all, see the movie Religulous. Whatever you think about Bill Maher, this movie is just plain funny.

Oh and for those of you who didn't hear, OJ Simpson was found guilty of armed robbery 13 years to the day of his acquittal for the murder of his ex wife and her BF. Talk about karma! That's what I now call the OJ theory- narcissistic douche nozzles may in fact get away with murder (sometimes literally), but they will always be the cause of their own downfall. Wow, that was deep.

Oh, I have a new co-worker who's super duper high profile, and today is her first day and the COO of my company told her, "We're changing your direct line because we have found that some people who have been calling it think this is a domination service." Real professional, COO. Real profesh. To say the moment was extremely awkward would be like saying Sarah Palin's new highlights aren't that bad.

Sunday was the Atlantic Antic- yay! I ended up spending a fair amount of time at my old place of employ because the only 401K I got from them was free drinks for the rest of my life so you, know, gotta cash in. Plus my friend's awesome band was playing and they're always good to see. It was a lovely day.

So to sum up... I had a great weekend, see Religulous, don't fuck with karma and don't bring up domination or sex services to the new co-worker.

2 Comments:

At 11:26 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your 401(k) at your old job is worth more than every other 401(k) on wall street right about... Now.

 
At 1:07 PM, Blogger Figgsrock2 said...

Well, our daily meeting ended today with our boss saying the people that own CC now are "looking over everything." So I guess I'll be polishing up my resume right about...now.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blog Directory - Blogged