Tempy

A day by day and often hourly account of a temp

Friday, October 03, 2008

Unsubscribe

I donate $18 a month to the ASPCA. I donate because I hope to help the millions of stray or abused animals in this country get a good home and proper medical care. But this is what I received in my inbox this morning. This- this is not what I envisioned my money being spent on:

"Your Photos Wanted: This Year’s Best-Dressed Dogs

Dog in CostumeIs your pooch a fashion “do”? Does he rock his own special style—sporty, chic, over the top? This year's ASPCA Adopt-A-Shelter Dog Month Photo Contest is all about looking good. We want to see your canine in his finest apparel, whether he dons his hippest duds in the dog park or glams it up only on special occasions.

This year, we're thrilled to have guest judge Frances R. Sheridan on hand to select the fiercest of all furry fashionistas. A photographer, longtime animal lover and author of a book on New York City’s public dog runs, Sheridan has agreed to lend her expert eye in selecting the ten best-dressed pooches of 2008. The deadline for entries is October 31; winners will be featured on the ASPCA website.

Please remember, pet parents, it’s only fun to dress up pooches who are willing participants. Before crowning your furry princess with tiara and jewels or zipping your little American idol into his Elvis jumpsuit, read our costume safety tips.

Enter the Photo Contest!"

1 Comments:

At 11:25 AM, Blogger Amanda H said...

What, this means we won't get to see your pooch all dolled up? Dang it, I was going to order a copy for my wallet.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blog Directory - Blogged