Tempy

A day by day and often hourly account of a temp

Monday, July 07, 2008

Ole

I have a general rule of not blogging when I'm not at work but since I was woken up at 10 am by a very apologetic co-worker who needed some help I figure I've "worked" so therefore I am working. Make sense? I've had 3 hours of sleep and my feet are killing me.

What happened you ask? Yesterday was my best friend's wedding. It was absolutely amazing. My friends are some of the most incredible people you'll ever know in your life, and they've been my family for almost 17 years now. So it was really a special event to have one of "our own" get an honest woman made of her (finally, right ladies?)

The day started out great. I met some of the other bridesmaids I was getting ready with at my friend's house, and we relaxed, ate brunch, watched tennis, and lazily prepared for the wedding. First we did out hair. It made the most sense- we were each given these huge fuschia peony's with pink orchids to go in our hair; every bridesmaid had to wear them. When that task was accomplished, we put on out stylish black cocktail dresses chosen for us by our very fashion forward bride friend. Cute! The final touches were make up (lots of fake eyelashes), strappy shoes, and the last thing to put on were these classy black lace shrugs that adorned our bare shoulders. We triumphantly looked at ourselves in the mirror. Four girls with gigantic purple and pink flowers in our hair, dresses, heels and lace.

We looked like Flamenco dancers.

Now, there's nothing wrong with Flamenco dancers, or Flamenco dancing as a general art form. I mean, we looked really nice. I just felt bad for our friend with dark skin because she was worried enough that with the fake eyelashes she looked like a drag queen- add this accoutrement and you couldn't help but hear rhythmic guitar and three count clapping whenever she walked in the room. To lighten the mood at the wedding another friend of ours lent her a fan so she could get the full effect.

All joking aside, the wedding was phenomenal, my friend looked gorgeous and I found myself up 'till all hours of the night playing bacce ball. Yeah, I know. Anyway, there will be more stories. Right now I have to go back to sleep. Until then, enjoy this photo of my friends and I cutting a rug at the wedding.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blog Directory - Blogged