Tempy

A day by day and often hourly account of a temp

Tuesday, December 04, 2007

Testify

Those of you who read my blog in lieu of picking up the phone to talk to me may have noticed that I was absent yesterday. I'm going to tell you a story. It's loosely about my "acting career" so if you don't want to hear it please just scroll down to the picture of a baby fennec fox.

A few days ago I got a call from the nice people at Law & Order asking if they could show my photos to the director for a featured role. Now I'm not stupid and I know that you can dress it up all you want, but featured role sans audition is a glorified word for "extra". But I was intrigued so I said, sure.

The next day they called with "Good news! The director has picked you to be the 'feminist rocker'". Typecast, natch. Maybe it has something to do with the fact that I was in a lesbian punk band called Bitch Chicks on the Rag in college. That is actually true.

Still curious, but prepped for the worst, I got out of work for Monday, packed my bag of wardrobe options and arrived on set. Once there, I went through what was explained to me was a very important "Phase Three" of the casting process, where the director walked by the a batch of us there and handpicked myself and some other people.

And that's how you get picked for jury duty on Law & Order.

Now, I haven't served real jury duty but I am amazed at how the selection process for both are equally selective. I also found out that because I was "on the jury" that I couldn't be on Law & Order for like, 2 years or something. Much like real jury duty. I guess they're afraid some crazed fan will protest.

Anyway, I served my time. It was a good day, no overtime, nice people and craft services had warm chocolate chip cookies. It was actually a grand jury so I didn't get to sit in that fancy elevated deck thing; just a dusty old room. And now, I'm off the hook for a while.

As promised, a baby fennec fox:

2 Comments:

At 11:11 AM, Blogger dancing at gunpoint said...

Which "Law and Order" franchise was it? Because there are 25 of them, right?
(P.S. That's awesome, congrats!)

 
At 11:42 AM, Blogger Tempy said...

The original one. Yeah, I've only seen the show a handful of times.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blog Directory - Blogged