Tempy

A day by day and often hourly account of a temp

Monday, October 01, 2007

Sites For Sore Eyes

Wow, what a weekend. Among the many things I learned, including don't eat sausage from a vendor no matter the circumstance and that I am indeed a 34C and not a 37C as I was told recently (damn you bridal store), nothing beats this website someone told me about: beedogs.com. On this website, you will find pictures of dogs dressed as bees. And that's it. I mean, it isn't even cute, it's just weird.

Today I learned about two more must reads: This article looks at creative names given to children in parts of Africa, including Hatred, Enough or Norest. My friend who studied in Zimbabwe once knew a girl named Surprise, which coincidentally should be the name of half the children I know.

And then there's rottenneighbor.com. It's fairly new and pretty self explanatory- you see, if you are thinking about moving into a neighborhood but want to see what to expect, you just type in the zip code and you'll find out if that apartment above a bar is loud at night. But seriously, if you accept an apartment above a bar, you have no right to complain about anything you gentrified douchebag.

Happy reading.

2 Comments:

At 12:51 PM, Blogger Jonah said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

 
At 12:54 PM, Blogger Jonah said...

i once met a malawian man named lastone. i guess no more after that... unless they were named surprise.

and guess what? living above a bar isn't so bad. just keep water balloons handy.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blog Directory - Blogged