Tempy

A day by day and often hourly account of a temp

Monday, June 04, 2007

Who's Feeling Shy?

I was at a party briefly this weekend and saw someone I know who confessed that he reads my blog, but never comments because he is worried he's not funny enough. That is crazy! I'm not going to name names but for someone who hosts karaoke as well as he does, I'm sure he's got a few tricks up his Steve, I mean, sleeve!

Anyway, I thought, maybe the comments section is a bit intimidating. So I will give you all an exercise/challenge. Following this will be a short blog "entry". The goal is to come up with the most un-funny comments possible. Sound good? Let's go:


"Hey, look at me! I'm a baby penguin! I can't wait to walk 200 miles in the frozen tundra to find one mate I'm stuck with and maybe get an egg out of the deal with which I have to sit on it for the duration of the freezing cold winter with a bunch of pissed off penguins in a gargantuan huddle only to find my kid's going to be a little snot like me and garner as much attention as possible until it gets old and ugly! Where's the goddamn zoo?"

13 Comments:

At 2:07 PM, Blogger Tempy said...

Penguins are crazy!

 
At 2:19 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Global Warming = Dead Penguins

 
At 2:23 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's lonely here in heaven.

 
At 2:45 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm colder than a dead penguin.

 
At 3:05 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

We're voting Edwards

 
At 3:15 PM, Blogger Figgsrock2 said...

How about:
"I've seen the johnson on the producer of Happy Feet, and its not even this big!"

Or:
"Look around brothers--some day all this (gestures wildly with fins) will be ours to rule as wee see fit!"

So there you go Tempy. Now I guess my secret blog crush is over. Sigh...

 
At 3:31 PM, Blogger Tempy said...

Oh, we've just reached the tip of the iceberg...

Iceberg! Get it?

 
At 3:32 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

If only I can live long enough to sit through hatching my young. I didn't know this is what they meant by "stay at home" dad....
Where are the leopard seals?
Or maybe a polar bear....

 
At 3:33 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

"What's the deal with Antarctica?"

 
At 3:39 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

....cuuuurse this lack of pin feathers...... THERE IS NO GOD

 
At 4:07 PM, Blogger Figgsrock2 said...

I guess now that you've been inspired to do a blog entry because of me, I guess I won't get the cold shoulder.

Get it? Get it?

 
At 4:15 PM, Blogger Tempy said...

I thought it would be a good icebreaker.

 
At 4:26 PM, Blogger Figgsrock2 said...

Oh Tempy, you know how to melt my heart.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blog Directory - Blogged