Tempy

A day by day and often hourly account of a temp

Thursday, May 31, 2007

Darwin Was A Tool

If you ever had hope Americans had any chance of being taken seriously on this earth, the Creation Museum opened this week to hordes of giddy Southerners. Included in this $27 million biblical romp through the Garden of Eden (complete with full scale dinosaur replicas, of course... you do remember that they too shared the Garden with humans. Right? RIGHT?!) there is also a planetarium and a two story tall "re"-creation of Noah's Ark.

Luckily they have a designer from Universal Studios on their team as well. I think it would have been better for the museum to ignore the whole dinosaur thing as that has been a huge point of contention between the Creationists and The People Who Know What They Are Talking About, but if there were no dinosaurs in the museum, the kids would not want to go. I mean, who cares about two half naked Caucasian "children of god" trading ribs and fighting temptation? That's what the family trip to the Ground Round is for.

6 Comments:

At 11:06 AM, Blogger patient boy said...

Science makes the baby Jesus cry.

 
At 11:55 AM, Blogger Tempy said...

Well like all good things, the Creation Museum is in Kentucky...

 
At 12:08 PM, Blogger patient boy said...

Well, yeah. That's where Eden was so it makes sense, really. Don't let anyone fool you with that whole Mesopotamia thing.

 
At 12:41 PM, Blogger Lynne said...

The Ground Round is the site of one of the worst days of my fat childhood:

Thursdays: Kids Pay What You Weigh.

Imagine my dad's surprise when at 6 years old, I already cost him over a dollar.

 
At 12:56 PM, Blogger Tempy said...

Does the Ground Round still exist?

 
At 1:02 PM, Blogger Lynne said...

I think so. I think my dad's business partner still owns a franchise up in New Hampshire. That's where the 12 foot long plaster cast is of the hammerhead shark my dad caught on tour with Led Zeppelin that used to be in my basement all during my childhood.

No. Seriously. I was "the girl with the shark in her basement."

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blog Directory - Blogged